Safety 1st Driver’s Ed is dedicated to providing the most accurate and most relevant information to all our students and prospective students in Irvine, Mission Viejo, and all of Orange County. Our primary goal is to make Orange County a better place, one safe driver at a time. We genuinely care about our students, and it shows!
Behind-the-Wheel training can be a stressful time for a new driver. Our Irvine driving students count on the friendly staff at Safety 1st Driving School to put them at ease before they even buckle their seat belt. We’ll give you all the information you need, and we will gently, calmly, and patiently guide you as you maneuver the streets of Irvine.
We treat our driving students as if they were our own children. You’ll have our support and encouragement from the first time you get behind the wheel till you take your final DMV test!
Here are some things you can expect with behind-the-wheel training in one of Safety 1st’s top safety rated Fiats:
- Take a deep breath. If you’ve taken our Online Course, you’re ready for this!
- We’ll teach you to adjust your seat, as well as your side and rear view mirrors so you always have optimal visibility.
- Buckle up! This should become a habit very quickly.
- Remember to use your turn signal, and check your mirrors frequently.
- Look over your shoulder before merging.
- Most of all: RELAX. We are here to help you!
- Practice makes perfect! You can’t expect to have it down pat after your first behind-the-wheel training session.
- Vehicle Control Basics: starting and stopping, gaining speed and slowing down, turning left and right, and backing up
- Driving through intersections, changing lanes, merging, and U-turns
- Parking on hills and parallel parking
- Driving in traffic, on the freeways, and at night
- Defensive Driving – anticipating what other drivers may do, rather than just focusing on your own driving
If you live in Irvine, Newport Beach, Mission Viejo, Aliso Viejo, Lake Forest, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Hills, or anywhere in Orange County – give us a call today to schedule your Behind-the-Wheel training!